A Wedding Blessing
A Wedding Blessing is a ceremony for those who want to confirm their commitment to each other in the magnificent setting of St Michael’s Church in the heart of the city.
If you and your partner recognise the importance of your relationship and wish to commit or recommit to each other and celebrate this with family and friends, St Michael’s is a remarkable place to hold this special ceremony.
A Wedding Blessing is given by a St Michael’s Marriage Minister. It is NOT a legal ceremony and does not have a legal binding. It is a celebration of your commitment to each other.
Who can ask for this Blessing?
Couples in different relationships might choose to have a Wedding Blessing at St Michael’s, for example:
- the couple are not married and prefer not to have a legal ceremony, but wish to make a pledge to one another within St Michael’s;
- the couple have already been married but wish to recognise their commitment to one another at St Michael’s;
- the couple have been married in another country and would like to have a Wedding Blessing within St Michael’s;
- the couple have been married for many years and would like to renew their vows or recommit and celebrate their relationship, what it has been and what it will be in the future.
What are the elements of a Wedding Blessing?
- As a couple you will make a statement to each other, of the importance of your relationship; your intention for the future of your relationship; and your hope and commitment towards each other’s life, enjoyment, health and enrichment.
- A prayer and an expression of hope and goodwill.
- An appropriate reading.
- The Blessing. This may be expressed in a traditional religious language, or in a more contemporary style.
How can I book?
To reserve the church, contact St Michael’s to enquire about your preferred date and time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9654 5120. Our Weddings Co-ordinator will be able to advise whether a minister and the church are available.
If the date and time are available it may be reserved with a $250 non-refundable deposit. The deposit will be applied to the balance of the wedding fee.