Pastor (Worship and Community)
- Small, dedicated team in a faith-based organisation
- Genuine work-life balance and a friendly culture
- Work with the Minister in Placement to make a difference in the Melbourne CBD
About the role
St Michael’s Uniting Church, Melbourne, has a unique opportunity available for an experienced and enthusiastic pastor to join our team.
The Pastor (Worship and Community) will support and assist the Minister in Placement in furthering the strategic direction and implementing the mission goals set by Council by:
- assisting in preparation and leadership of worship, and
- supporting St Michael’s pastoral (hospitality and care) ministries.
The Pastor will nurture people in their spiritual development and discipleship, explore opportunities for mid-week expressions of spirituality, develop a pastoral care network throughout the congregation, and create opportunities for new comers to be welcomed. The role will offer reflections in Sunday gathering and lead liturgy from time to time.
In addition, the Pastor will participate in Council meetings, interact with committees, and work with the Strategic Goals Working Group.
For a more detailed description of the responsibilities of the role, please see the position description, click on ‘Open’ to the right below.
About you (Key Selection Criteria)
To secure this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Theology or tertiary qualifications in pastoral care, preaching, and liturgy, or 2 or more years proven experience in a related role
- Understanding of the theology and practice of progressive Christianity
- Skills to provide effective pastoral care
- Experience leading worship that is progressive, engaging and life-affirming
- Enthusiasm for working in an environment where the full equality of all people is valued and respected regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
For more information about position