St Michael’s Strategic Mission PlanGiving
Strategic Mission Plan
2020 – 2024
St Michael’s is a vibrant, inclusive, hospitable and community focused city church, sharing a contemporary and progressive Christian theology embracing spirituality, the arts, wellbeing, justice and compassion.
St Michael’s vision is to be a nurturing and dynamic Christian spiritual community contributing to a world where each person and all creation can flourish and enjoy abundant life within the city of Melbourne and beyond.
The St Michael’s Community will –
- Express our community life through:• embodying our commitment to progressive theology, spirituality and music;
• encouraging a culture that is caring, respectful and inclusive;
• constructive and effective communication and decision making;
• effective and sustainable management of property and resources to facilitate the church’s mission.
- Build partnerships that are aligned with the mission and vision of St Michael’s including:• theologically progressive groups;
• the wider Uniting Church and other organisations working for social and ecological justice;
• other civic and community groups.
- Be outwardly focused by:• meeting not only the needs of the current membership but also responding to people in the wider/global community;
• drawing people into the life of the church through the practices of progressive faith, spirituality and hospitality;
• connecting with a younger demographic;
• supporting members of the community through a range of outreach services including a focus on mental health and well-being;
• connecting and communicating with a wider audience using contemporary technology.