Lent 2 B 2021 Church OSS – 28 February 2021The Church Doors are Open! Welcome Back!
Due to government restrictions, numbers are limited to 200 people.
Third Sunday in Lent
7 March, 10am
“Church – A Liberating Community?” with Guest Minister Rev Peter Burnham
Music in Church: Georgia Wilkinson (Soprano) & Rhys Boak (Piano & Organ)
Download/View Order of Service here
What you need to know?
- If you’re at all unwell, please stay home.
- Arrive at the church between 9:30 and 9:45am.
- Wear your facemask while inside the church.
- On entering you must scan the QR code at the door or sign in your name and phone number with a St Michael’s Welcomer
- Enter via the corner of Russell and Collins St, or via St Michael’s Walk.
- Use hand sanitiser as you enter.
- Observe 1.5m physical distancing from people not in your household (waving hello rather than hugs or handshakes).
- Sit in a pew with a purple ribbon keeping 1.5m from others.
- Don’t move around to speak with others before or during the service – we will gather in St Michael’s Walk for conversation afterwards.
- Savour the moment of gathering with old friends and new, as we are held in the Spirit’s endless love; the Divine Presence with us in church and everywhere!
Download/print your updated Welcome Back to Church Info
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to pre-book?
No. You can show up for service. We have a limit of 200 people attending so we can maintain the “density quotient” and 1.5 metre distancing required by Victoria’s COVID-Summer restrictions.
- What personal information do I need to give?
In line with Victorian Government guidelines, we will collect names and phone numbers of everyone attending for contact tracing in the event of a suspected COVID-19 case.
- How do I leave my personal information?
When you visit St Michael’s, you must scan the QR code or check-in with a St Michael’s Welcome team member to record your name and phone number. QR codes are displayed at all St Michael’s entrances.
- How do I scan the QR code?
To be prepared download the Service Victoria app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store before attending. This helps if your smartphone does not scan.
– Use the QR code displayed at the entrance of St Michael’s
– Open your smartphone’s camera
– Hold your smartphone so the QR code appears in the viewfinder
– Your smartphone will recognise the QR code and show a notification. Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.If the link doesn’t appear you can go to the settings of your camera to activate this or;
– Download the Service Victoria app.
– Open the app
– Hold your smartphone so the QR Code appears in the viewfinder.
– Your smartphone will recognise the QR code and show a notification.
– Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR Code.
- What measures and cleaning standards are you putting in place to keep the congregation safe?
– Numbers attending worship are limited, face-masks are required, and everyone must observe safe physical distance.
– There is an additional cleaning schedule for surfaces and amenities and there are sanitising stations provided at the church.
– Offering plates will not be passed around. We invite you to leave your offering via one of the two the Tap and Go Donation points in te St Michael’s Colonnade and Collins and Russell Streets entrance or in one of the donation boxes by the exterior doors as you leave.
– We will not use printed orders of service. Responsive elements of the liturgy will be displayed on the screen. Or you could download and print an order of service from the website.
- Will we be able to sing?
Congregations are now permitted to sing softly while wearing masks and maintaining physical distance. Each Sunday a cantor will lead the singing, standing 5m away from the congregation.
- Will there be ‘live’ music?
Yes! Rhys Boak, our organist and music manager will play, and guest musicians will offer music for reflection.
- Will the minister wear a mask?
There is an exemption from the mask rule for people engaged in public speaking, who need to be heard clearly and who are 5m from the congregation. This applies to the Minister while leading worship, lay people doing the readings or notices, and cantors leading the singing.
- Where can I park?
The Grand Hyatt Hotel car park on Russell Street (between Collins St and Flinders Lane) provides $7.00 discounted parking for people attending Sunday Gatherings at St Michael’s. Discount vouchers will be available at the welcome tables when you sign in.
- What happens after church?
We leave the building maintaining physical distancing. For now, we are not able to serve morning tea. People may gather in St Michael’s Walk to chat afterwards. Masks are not necessary outside but please maintain social distance and do not shake hands or hug people outside of your household. A small number of chairs will be set out for those not able to stand for long. The church will be closed 30 minutes after the service.
- If you’re unwell, please stay home and enjoy the Online Gathering.
Online Gatherings will continue for the foreseeable future. If you are not quite ready to come back to church, or if health, distance, or other commitments make it impossible, then please join us here