We are gathering in person again for Sunday Gatherings at 10am
Second Sunday of Advent
4 December 2022, 10am
“Advent: Amplify Peace'”
Minister: Rev Dr Margaret Mayman
Music in church: Edwina Cordingley (Cello) & Rhys Boak (Organ)
Music online: Dr. Joel Brennan (Trumpet) & Rhys Boak (Organ)
Read or download Order of Service here
Returning to Church? What you need to know.
- If you’re at all unwell, please stay home.
- Enter via the corner of Russell and Collins St, or via St Michael’s Walk.
- Use hand sanitiser as you enter.
- Masks on when singing optional.
- Savour the moment of gathering with old friends and new, as we are held in the Spirit’s endless love; the Divine Presence with us in church and everywhere!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What measures and cleaning standards are you putting in place to keep the congregation safe?
– There is an additional cleaning schedule for surfaces and amenities and there are sanitising stations provided at the church.
– Offering plates will not be passed around. We invite you to leave your offering via one of the two Tap and Go Donation points in the St Michael’s Colonnade and Collins and Russell Streets entrance or in one of the donation boxes by the exterior doors as you leave.
– We will not use printed orders of service. Responsive elements of the liturgy will be displayed on the screen. Or you can download and print an order of service from the website.
- Will we be able to sing?
Yes! Congregations are permitted to sing while maintaining a safe physical distance. Wearing facemasks while singing is optional but encouraged. Each Sunday a cantor will lead the singing, standing 5m away from the congregation.
- Will there be ‘live’ music?
Yes! Rhys Boak, our organist and music manager will play, and guest musicians will offer music for reflection.
- Where can I park?
The Grand Hyatt Hotel car park on Russell Street (between Collins St and Flinders Lane) provides $7.00 discounted parking for people attending Sunday Gatherings at St Michael’s. Discount vouchers will be available at the welcome tables when you sign in.
- If you’re unwell, please stay home and enjoy the Online Gathering.
Online Gatherings will continue for the foreseeable future. If you are not quite ready to come back to church, or if health, distance, or other commitments make it impossible, then please join us here